Disable and Remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications
When you log on to a non-genuine copy of Windows XP, the following notification error message “This copy of Windows is not genuine” will pop-up on the logon process:
And the nicely said “You may be a victim of software counterfeiting” message on the bottom right corner of log-in screen:
- Lauch Windows Task Manager.
- End wgatray.exe process in Task Manager.
- Restart Windows XP in Safe Mode.
- Delete WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32.
- Delete WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache.
- Lauch RegEdit.
- Browse to the following location:
- Delete the folder ‘WgaLogon’ and all its contents
- Reboot Windows XP.
Note: With this method, you may be prompted to install WGA Notifications again which can still be unselected.
Another alternative is by using System Restore to restore the PC to a previous restore point that WGA Notifications hasn’t kicked in, and then carefully stop KB905474 from been applied to the system. To use System Restore, go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
Note: Again, you may be prompted again to install WGA Notification, so it must be bypassed.
Labels anuleaza Windows Genuine, disable Windows Genuine, remove Windows Genuine, scapa de Windows Genuine, Windows Genuine